Order Code: WD-5003A
Spend between £100 and £1000 to get your goods before you payMore information
All consumer credit transactions are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
WD Caviar Black drives combine a high performance electronics architecture with a rock solid mechanical architecture to deliver the perfect storage solution for your fully-loaded PC or maxed out gaming machine. Cool drive operation, no-touch head technology, and leading-edge vibration protection ensure enhanced reliability and sustained data throughput. And we back it all up with a 5-year limited warranty.
High Performance Electronics Architecture
- Dual processor- Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
- Colossal cache - Bigger, faster cache of up to 64 MB means faster performance.
Rock Solid Mechanical Architecture
Dual actuator technology - A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy. (2 TB only)
StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
Massive Capacity - WD Caviar Black SATA drives are available in capacities up to 2 TB.
Compatible - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab™ and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
5 Year Limited Warranty
Power computing applications such as multimedia, video and photo editing, and maxed out gaming computers.
How this WD hard drive protects your data
- Data Lifeguard is an exclusive set of data protection features, including shock protection, an environmental protection system and real-time embedded error detection and repair. WD's Data Lifeguard technology automatically finds, isolates, and repairs problems that may develop over the life of a hard drive.
- Data Lifeguard Tools are software utilities designed for WD hard drives that work with the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation,diagnostics and repair both simple and worry-free.
- ShockGuard instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.
|Device Type||Hard drive - internal|
Expansion / Connectivity
|Interfaces||1 x Serial 6Gb/s - 7 pin Serial ATA|
|Compatible Bays||1 x internal - 3.5" x 1/3H|
|Service & Support||5 years warranty|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - 5 years|
|Sound Emission||34 dBA|
|Min Operating Temperature||5 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||55 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||5 - 95%|
|Shock Tolerance||65 g @ 2ms half-sine pulse (operating) / 250 g @ 2ms half-sine pulse (non-operating)|
|Vibration Tolerance||0.75 g @ 20-300 Hz (operating) / 4 g @ 20-500 Hz (non-operating)|
|Form Factor||3.5" x 1/3H|
|Features||Data Lifeguard, Shock Guard, SecureConnect, FlexPower, WhisperDrive, Soft Seek|
|Interface Type||Serial ATA 6Gb/s|
|Connactor||22-position Serial ATA (SATA) plug|
|Drive Transfer Rate||126 MBps|
|Seek Time||4.2 ms|
|Spindle Speed||7200 rpm|
|Average Latency||4.2 ms|
|Non-Recoverable Errors||1 per 10^14|
|Start / Stop Cycles||50,000|
Why not Tell A Friend about this product, all you need to do is fill out their information below and click send.
This product currently has no reviews, if you own this product why not write one yourself?